Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Three Wednesday Things

So, enough of me (surely not, I hear you cry!). My Three Things for today are novelists I admire who spend their time away from the keyboard doing very different things ...

1. Amy Tan lives the Rock Goddess dream. And also more recently here. You have no idea how much I'd like to be in a band like this - anyone out there want to put one together because I know just the right backing singer for you, lots of enthusiasm but absolutely no experience apart from in front of mirror?

2. Margaret Atwood is an inventor of distinction AND draws pretty funny comics. (Go to the desk and click on the comic drawer. My favourite is the Radio Tour.)

3. Barbara Kingsolver is currently inspiring me with her eat local food campaign. I'm half-way through her latest book, Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, and I've already made changes to our diet at home.

No comments: