Friday, November 07, 2008

Some kind of wonderful...

See me, I'm a friend of the band these days.

No, really.

And not just any band either. We're talking about the Blow Monkeys here. I can't tell you how many hours Dr Robert and I spent together in the 80's. It was either him or the Pet Shop Boys. What can I say - once an eighties girl, always capable of raising eyebrows.

Anyway, when I heard the Blow Monkeys were looking for donations for their new album, I was first in line. I knew I'd been right to keep those shoulder pads. And now I have it in my hand ...

Signed by the boys....



And with my name printed somewhere amongst the other dedicated fans. Look at us having a little metaphorical crowd moment here ...



I love it.

Not least because it might mean I finally finally get to make my dreams come true and dance up on stage with the band. Sarah, the rock chick goddess....

Or, as Neil puts it so sweetly ....

7 comments:

Caroline said...

I just to sing BM's songs into my red microphone. Their music reminds me of Christmas.


x

Sarah Salway said...

A RED microphone - you are superdooper cool.

Nik Perring said...

You got your own gravestone!

Like, wow! You're cooler than cool.

Nik X

Sarah Salway said...

It's because I loved the book right from the start, but that's exactly how I want my own gravestone to be. I once heard of a woman who had a coffin made for her and used it as a coffee table, so I'm not too bad ... yet!

Dave said...

As someone who alway thought Dr Robert was a real doctor, I'm happy for you...

Sarah Salway said...

Because he was missing the magic 's' , Dave?

Alex Johnson said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Were you a Durany too? Spandy Ballet? Let me sort you out a CD of the NME C86 tape. Now THAT'S proper 80s music.