Saturday, May 15, 2010

ON IMPROVING OUR STORY TITLES

OK, I'm still smarting at one review - a very OLD review admittedly but I remember every single word - that suggested I could improve the titles of my stories. Anyway, I've just been thinking about a title for the current story and not coming up with much.

So reading these song titles cheered me up tremendously.

What about:

You Were Only A Splinter As I Slid Down The Bannister Of Life


or

I've Been Flushed From The Bathroom Of Your Heart

and how about this one

Velcro Arms, Teflon Heart


There are more here. Lots and lots more actually. Which is your favourite? I'll eat my hat if someone doesn't opt for:

C’mon Down off the Stove, Granny, You’re Too Old to Ride the Range

Somehow I don't think my titles are all that bad!

1 comment:

Kathryn's Daily Writing Workout said...

I think that they would make interesting prompts, too. Love them! (and I don't think you've got anything to worry about)