Saturday, June 12, 2010

THE BRISTOL SHORT STORY PRIZE

How could I not love the Bristol Short Story Prize?



Most of the pictures on their website are of people writing and reading short stories on benches!



So it's a particularly thrill to be invited to speak at their prize presentation this year.

You can find out more, and read an interview that I did with the talented Ellen Grant, a writer and student at Bath Spa University here. I particularly liked her last question: 'And finally, would you rather be re-incarnated as Samuel Taylor Coleridge or Samuel L. Jackson?'.

However, nothing really beats an interview I once did in America during which I was asked, 'what sort of cake are you?'

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I think I'm a fruit cake. Solid, reliable, full of various sorts of bits and pieces :)

JoniB said...

As a resident of the United States of America, I can assure you that we are not cakes. We are pies. I am banana creme.

JoniB said...

As a resident of the United States of America, I can assure you that we are not cakes. We are pies. I am banana creme.

Sarah Salway said...

Well, pie or cake, you both sound delicious to me....