Saturday, October 24, 2009

Bull talk

Now, this blog likes bulls. In fact, as regular blog readers know this blog even has a share in a bull of its own and I don't mean to boast, but I do wonder quite how many other blogs can claim that. Particularly writing based ones.



Anyway, HUGE congratulations are due to the real bulldaddy (as he is named on my phone at least), Alasdair Houston. His Charolais bull (and Deeday's friend), Gretnahouse Drysky, was awarded the supreme male title at this month's Sale of Charolais Cattle at Carlisle bull sales.



And here is Gretnahouse Drysky with stockman, John Morton (who has been possibly the most patient man in the world as we all came stumbling round the herd with some of us doing things like calling Drysky Deeday's friend) ...



But he is pretty, isn't he?

Drysky, I mean. Drysky. Gawd, at this rate I'm never going to be allowed back to Gretna, and I love Gretna Green.

Ps. I hope I sound as if I know what I'm talking about. Being the part-owner of a bull is a serious business, and I for one certainly would NEVER get confused between Charolais and Chevrolet as I'm sure the rest of the bull family will testify (cough, cough)...

No comments: