Friday, March 02, 2007

The Dog Book Club


Even by my standards, we had a particularly good dog count in the book we were discussing in my bookclub last night. At least three different breeds. No Puggles though (see above) or the other breeds that are apparently becoming fashionable, according to Dog Breed Facts:
Other popular designer dogs are the: Schnoodle (Miniature Schnauzer and Poodle), Goldendoodle (Golden Retriever and Poodle), Shorkie (Shih Tzu and Yorkshire Terrier), Schnorkie (Miniature schnauzer and Yorkshire Terrier), Maltipoo (Maltese and Poodle), and Chorkie (Chihuahua and Yorkshire Terrier).
It makes my border terrier almost look boring, but not, of course, to the man who followed me on a recent walk, shouting 'Congratulations on your dog'. I ended up having to run away.

But look, joys, the ever first blog written by a dog. All those people who come on here only to find out about dog borstal will at least find something interesting amongst the book news and writing prompts. Thanks to A Dog About Town for this link, a chance for all of us to find out what the best dressed New York dog is wearing this year.

And my writing prompt is ... a new breed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sarah:
My name is Randolph and I appreciate your visit to www.adogabouttown.com (An Intelligent Dog's Guide to a Troubled World). I have enjoyed your blog quite a bit and wanted to inform you that my book A Dog About Town has just been published by Random House in the United States. Please visit www.adogabouttown.com again to see the cover which I think you will get a kick out of judging from your oft-stated affection for canine kind. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Randolph