Friday, February 08, 2008

Pearls before swine....

Happy to pass this on because it looks good...

A Call for Submissions

On 20th March Short Fuse Stories will be presenting a special themed line-up of short tales at The Komedia, Brighton.

We are currently inviting submissions for this event so if you fancy a bit of the Short Fuse literary limelight then please send us a story. Story selection is based purely on quality and not on performance experience or publication history.

The theme is "Pearls Before Swine"

Generally, to “cast pearls before swine” is to share something of value with those who will not appreciate it. Certainly food for thought but please interpret as you wish.

The word count should not exceed 3000 but can be any number down from that to 50.

Please send stories as Word attachments with your name as the document title by no later than 5pm on 14th March.

We look forward to reading your tales.

Tara Gould and Polly Tuckett
shortfusestories@yahoo.co.uk


So that will be today's prompt ... pearls before swine ... Think I'm going to have fun with this one!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the info about the competition. I've submitted one (not my blog posting)which is odd because I felt quite 'blocked' yesterday and ended up writing two on one theme. I'm a bit hung up about academic stuff at the moment and it definitely impinges on my confidence and space I need to be creative. Or at least I worry that it threatens to! So I ignored everything else and wrote anyway. I'm just such a rebel.

Sarah Salway said...

I'm saying nothing, Kathryn.... Glad you submitted something though and thanks for the reminder the Komedia is in BRIGHTON not London. Oops. x