Monday, June 01, 2009
Minding your P's and Q's
There used to be a ghastly girl in a kids story I remember who had cut outs of the letters P and Q on her dress, and every time she forget to say Please or Thank You she would have to take one of these off. I wish I could remember more but somehow that image has stayed, not least because we all thought she was such a loser and not the example the nuns obviously thought she would be! Anyway, I have to take more than one Q off my dress today, because last month something lovely happened to me TWICE and I have been remiss in following it up.
Both Tania Hershman and Annie Clarkson have given me a Kreativ Blogger award, and I'm really happy about that. Thank you both.
So, what I have to do is to write seven things I love, and then nominate seven blogs I love. Here goes ...
I love ..
1. My family. All of them.
2. growing things from seed, particularly vegetables.
3. that there are people like Julia Cameron, Kim Addonozio and Natalie Goldberg around who inspire a particular kind of writing in me, and that I have friends I can discuss their ideas with, even the weird ones (ideas, I mean, not friends, although....)
4. an English summer day
5. ticking things off a to-do list
6. clean ironed sheets
7. making a difference, however small.
And I now need to pass this award on to seven blogs, so in no particular order please step forward ...
4. Me and My Big Mouth (although I'd like even more photos of the MOTC's pots and tiles, they're beautiful)
5. Kathryn's Take on Things
6. Stepping on Cracks
7. A Longing for the Impossible
Labels: Kreativ Blogger Award
This work by Sarah Salway is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.