Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Alien Fruit

OK, the fruit is now long gone and some of it was delicious and some of it tasted like old socks. You couldn't tell which was which from the outside, and all of it was very very drippy indeed.

Prize for the inside looking least like the outside goes to this one, number three, still unidentified. The skin was like thin brittle cardboard to cut through but once I did, suddenly all this 'stuff' came oozing out. I kid you not. I was worried hundreds of alien eggs had been left to hatch inside:



But I resisted being sick and for the sake of research I slurped those little ET babies and they were DELICIOUS. So much so I'd had the whole lot before I realised. Slightly disturbing though to see the inside of the shell looked just like I imagine the surface of a planet a long long way from here to look, even down to the tentacles:



So what's next on this blog? Don't say I don't spoil you all with random excitements. I know Bob is itching for another quiz....

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I think it's a passion fruit. To me, it looks like the image here: http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.duelliscool.net/passionfruit.jpg&imgrefurl=http://indobaja.blogspot.com/2006/05/jakarta-food.html&h=600&w=800&sz=116&hl=en&start=8&sig2=plExDOF5203DVecX91jO2g&um=1&tbnid=_D5edwMdShfqQM:&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&ei=RFEYSPeOIpqYwwGy283LCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpassion%2Bfruit%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN

As a matter of fact, we have one in the garden so I should've recognised it without Google!

jem said...

You are a brave woman Sarah! I won't eat anything unless I know what it is, a fair bit about its background and I've read a review of what it's likely to taste like!

Unknown said...

I have no idea what it is, but I've eaten passion fruit and that is not it.

Sarah Salway said...

So we're still no further in working out what it is...? Hmmm... and Jem's certainly not going to be tasting it!