Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yes, we have a winner!

I will never now doubt that this blog gets read, all I need to do is to put a free competition up be be reassured by the entries received (even if some of you are shy about leaving public comments). So, let's start the countdown for the grand winner of the Very Cool Competition...

I'm just going to add a bit of tension by talking about something different - which is what they do at the Oscars. Have you noticed? And then they flash to the faces of the nominated who are thinking, 'just bloody get on with it.'

So, first of all, a selection of dog t-shirts from Harrods Pet Department (none of which are the prize, but just look at that sweet dog tutu. Sadly I think Tally is just a little bit too old for it):



(Or this one, which made me laugh out loud:)



But now, the moment you've all been waiting for, here's the winner:



Congratulations, Nik! As soon as I get the t-shirt from the lovely Bluechrome Publishing I will send it on to you.

7 comments:

jem said...

A question about your prompt for today Sarah, if thats not inappropriate. Its so familiar to me, is it from or inspired by Rupert Thompson's 'Divided Kingdom'? - there was a scene in that about a museum of tears which I found most striking.

Sarah Salway said...

Inappropriate, Jem? You make me feel like a teacher! Nope, haven't read that book, but I've been talking with some US artists about a collaboration based on Museums (of love, of hate, of memories etc) and remembering a wonderful exhibition at the Oxo tower I went to, which was the Museum of Emotions and in one room you got given this little empty plastic vial which you were supposed to fill with your tears and label before putting up on the shelves round the walls. It was absolutely full, and very moving. Have never forgotten it. In fact, I might go and google now to see if I can trace it. Interesting about Rupert THompson's image - is it a book you'll recommend.

Nik Perring said...

Yay! Whoop! Can't wait. Very cool indeed. Just out of curiosity - where'd you get that last photo from? I really like it.

Nik

jem said...

Don't worry Sarah, you're nothing like a teacher. I just wasnt sure you'd want to share all your secrets!

That exhibition sounds great, I can imagine how striking and moving that room must have been. I like interactive art like that that involves the viewer.

No, I didn't really rate the novel by Thomson, I loved the concept but it fell a bit short. I'm interested to read others by him though, all of which have great ideas at their core. Here is a brief mention I made of it on my book review blog, including the tear museum quote - http://thekingfisherscrapbook.blogspot.com/2007/11/threes-crowd.html

Sarah Salway said...

I did it for you, Nik. It's the blackboard we have in our hall to write messages for each other on. You can keep the photograph as an extra pressie!

And here's the link to that museum, Jem - http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/320/7246/1413. Will go and look at your blog now.

Nik Perring said...

Wow! It's gorgeous. (I was just a little confused to see my name spelled right!)

N

Kathryn said...

They've got those pink tutu's in our local pet store. I quite fancied one for our dog but as he's a rather distinguished 14 year old labrador, it seemed a little inappropriate so he's had to make do with a waxed jacket.

By the way, I haven't got any chocolate in my handbag at the moment. This is something I must rectify quickly.