Friday, July 18, 2008

And more and more...

Wow! I am no longer nobby-no-mates in my gang of one. Things are moving apace.

a) We now have members in England, Scotland, France, and two in America.


b) There's been this beautiful photo spread

c) Alice Elliott Dark, one of my favourite writers and author of one of the Best Short Stories of the Century, has agreed to be our International Relations Member, giving us this stirring promise, "I'll carry on the fight in America."

d) In addtion, we have made the following appointments:

As well as being smoking, Alex has been appointed Facebook Group setter-upper. Come and join us there for trolley discussions

and Clare has been unanimously appointed our Beautiful Member.

e) And we have even been asked our first philosophical question: 'What is the point of all this?'

I am away now for two weeks, so this blog will be quiet (no prompts either, I'm sorry - please feel free to use the comments to share any ideas for writing you may have) but have no fear. I will be scouting for members overseas.

8 comments:

Lynne Rees said...

Oh I do hope I'm the french member. Hmmm, that sounds rather odd, doesn't it!

My Rolser, black and white flowered trolley is a regular on the streets of Antibes:
http://www.rolser.co.uk/30800/info.php?p=2&pno=0&pid=1058676&cat=16810&ack=9&search=&sought=

Lynne xx

Sarah Salway said...

HURRAH! No you're not because I wouldn't presume but I have unilaterally appointed you POET IN RESIDENCE. Is that OK?

Nik Perring said...

This isn't a holiday you're going on - it's a recruiting mission, isn't it! Can you press gang somebody with a trolley...?

N

Lynne Rees said...

Yes! I feel a shopping trolley haiku/sonnet/limerick coming on...

Kathryn's Daily Writing Workout said...

Having broken my laptop and been busy working recently, this is the first time I've visited here for a bit. Oh my, I'm so excited! I love trolleys. Spookily, I bought 2 on Sunday. Actually, they're described as rucksacks on wheels although with no straps that would allow you to carry them on your back, I think they must be classified as trolleys. I'm just waiting for Saturday to come so that I can trundle along to the farmer's market for my fruit and veg.

Deborah Rey said...

And another french member here! A real one, since I do live here (in France, that is).

Deborah

PS Must admit that my hubs schleps it, though.

Debi said...

Hope you have a wonderful break. A trolley, deeply, madly wonderful break ...

noel said...

I humbly offer some trolley ruminations from Newcastle, Australia. You're doing an excellent and necessary job.
noel
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=u8UCnNXsfD4