Thursday, July 10, 2008

More than you really wanted to know...

... about me. A meme from Bookeywookey.

Five snacks I enjoy in a perfect, non weight-gaining world:

Mars bars
Almond croissants
Hot sausage rolls (with mayonnaise)
Bacon sandwiches (with brown sauce)
Candy shrimps and bananas, maybe especially candy bananas, oh and sherbet spaceships. I like those a lot.

Five snacks I enjoy in the real world:

Oatcakes and honey
Strawberries
Apples
Raw carrots (ok, don't really enjoy all that much)
Chocolate (and even Mars bars sometimes - kept in the fridge and cut into slices)

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Have someone come in to make my bed with clean ironed sheets every day
Give loans to women to start businesses in developing countries
Get concorde reinstated for one more last flight so I can go on it with some friends and family
Hire Bryan Ferry to sing just for me
And then I'd give the rest away to the Kids Company to open centres everywhere

Five (non-academic) jobs that I have had:

Waitress
Babysitter
Journalist
Pea Picker
PR Consultant

Five habits:

Drinking coffee first thing in the morning - before I can speak
Singing to my dog
Saying 'and everything' at the end of every sentence.
Talking to random animals in silly voices
Buying books

Five places I have lived:

Bedford
Ely, Cambridgeshire
London
Edinburgh
Kent

7 comments:

Alex Johnson said...

Have you tried Carluccio's almond croissants? Very nice indeed.

Ted said...

Thanks for playing...um, what are sherbet spaceships?!

Sarah Salway said...

I LOVE Carluccio's almond croissants, although maybe a little too gooey, Alex? I'm still researching the best ones with enthusiasm.
Enjoyed it, Ted, although it made me hungry. You are in for a treat discovering sherbet spaceships - here they are

Tania Hershman said...

I love almond croissants too, they are my decadent treat, since I am lactose- and wheat-sort-of-intolerant, and my my all that sugar! mmm.

But "Hire Bryan Ferry to sing just for me" - that's even yummier. Get going making those billions and I'll come round and listen from the next room.

Anonymous said...

Actually I went off Bryan Ferry when I read an interview with him and he said that he didn't know any women of his own age. A fact he seemed quite proud of. Saddo.

Sarah Salway said...

Saddo indeed. I'm going to sit in the other room and eat croissants with Tania while he sings now. I hadn't seen that interview.

jem said...

I have special 'study snacks' - these are ones I keep in my desk so that when I am in the study writing and reading I can reach for them and nibble. They are different from snacks eaten in other rooms at other times or with other people. These are exclusively mine and guarded and chosen with care. I'm a great fan of small pieces of dark chocolate. But at the moment I have a choice of Jelly Belly Jelly Beans (mixed flavours) or cinnamon dusted dried cranberries.