Monday, October 06, 2008

So what did you do over the summer, Sarah?

Well, I'm going to disappoint you but at the circus, I didn't heave myself up to the tightrope, or get dressed up in sparkly outfits, but I did help to make this animation on just how the first ghost came about.



That's Holen under the sheet, btw - we were playing in the graveyard at midnight and it's a series of still photographs that Carlos magically put together to make a film. Call me naive, but I just didn't realise how animation worked before, I thought it really WAS a film, or that it would take about four hours of pushing bits of cotton wool about a half millimetre at a time in order to make those four seconds of clouds swooshing round the graves. Good though, eh?

You can find more circus videos here.

6 comments:

jem said...

That's fun! I like it - especially the arm wrestling and the way the skeleton waves his arms about when he wins!

Nik Perring said...

Ah now, that is just terrific.

Nik

Sarah Salway said...

Yep, the more I look at it, the more I like it! They were very clever at the circus.

CL Taylor said...

That's brilliant! Am seriously impressed! Love the idea you can become a ghost if you arm wrestle death!

Debi said...

Clever and fun. What more can you ask? xxx

Sarah Salway said...

Thanks Cally and Debi. Yep, Cally - how are your arm muscles?