Saturday, April 22, 2006

There's something about why a man or woman would encourage bees to swarm around their face that has always fascinated me. I was thinking about it last night - about all the good and bad things coming with Summer - and when I googled bee beard images I couldn't believe how many they were. What must it feel like? How could you resist the urge to scratch, because it must tickle. I wonder if there are women who have real bee hair-styles, not content with the beehive. 'Your hair is smelling like honey tonight .... oh wait, it's even tasting like honey. Owwwww....'
And so my story for the weekend follows the bee theme. It's Beeswax from the excellent Pulp journal, and it's by Paul Gorman, a writer I haven't heard of before but will be looking out for.
My writing prompt - hahaha, I'm teaching all day so will have little time but I WILL fit it in somehow - is going to be from Rosemary Grant's amazing step by step instructions to how to grow a bee beard. Go on try it, you know you want to.

No comments: