Monday, February 01, 2010

I DON"T KNOW...

Here's a writing exercise for you to play with.

We are conditioned to talk a lot nowadays about what we know, but what don’t you know? What questions have you stopped asking but have never found out the answers too? Why cats were thought to have nine lives? Who invents the names of cars? Is there really a maggot in every raspberry? A pot of gold under the rainbow? Is the red you see the same colour red as the red I see?

Go on and on writing a list of as many things you don’t know as possible.

In fact, keep on until you fill a page.

Now take your favourite one, and write the answer.

No, you won’t know it, not exactly.

In fact, you will just have to make it up.


See also:

* How to Write.

4 comments:

pinkgecko said...

This sounds like just what I need. Will give it a go!

Ted said...

Excellent game. Reminds me of something I used to play with actors called Expert!

Star said...

Will definitely have to give this a try, thanks Sarah!

Sarah Salway said...

Ha! Glad you like the idea - there are SO many things I don't know!!