Wednesday, February 17, 2010

WRITING QUOTES

If, like me, you find yourself nodding away to, and inspired by, quotes about writers and writing, you'll probably enjoy Jade Walker's The Written Word. She posts regular quotes to your inbox and I've loved every one so far. Here's today's....

"By living well, by observing as you live, by reading well and observing as you read, you have fed your Most Original Self. By training yourself in writing, by repetitious exercise, imitation, good example, you have made a clean, well-lighted place to keep the Muse. You have given her, him, it, or whatever, room to turn around in. And through training, you have relaxed yourself enough not to stare discourteously when inspiration comes into the room."
Ray Bradbury

4 comments:

kazari said...

I really like this quote! thanks for sharing it and the website : )

Sue Guiney said...

terrific. thanks. I went to sign up but it asked for my yahoo address. i could get one easily but I know I'll forget I have it and never check it....hope all's well!

Unknown said...

I love this and have just signed up. And I adore this blog. I read it often and have felt shy to comment. Today is a daring day! x B

Jade Walker said...

So glad you enjoy the writing quotes. I love that Ray Bradbury one too!