Monday, November 13, 2006

Life Lines: Six Poets For Oxfam
Winter Poetry Reading 2006
Tuesday, November 28, 7.30 pm
Oxfam Books & Music
91 Marylebone High Street, W1

Ros Barber (new collection from Anvil due out 2007);

Katy Evans-Bush (widely-published poet featured in The Like Of It, Baring & Rogerson);

Ruth Fainlight (winner of the Hawthornden and Cholmondeley Awards; author of Moon Wheels, Bloodaxe, 2006);

Tobias Hill (novelist and poet, author of The Cryptographer and Nocturne In Chrome & Sunset Yellow);

Michael Rosen (broadcaster and lecturer; Selected Poems is forthcoming from Penguin, February 2007);

Eva Salzman (author of Double Crossing: New & Selected Poems, Bloodaxe).

Hosted by Todd Swift, Oxfam Poet in Residence

Admission free, suggested donation £6
Please contact Martin Penny to reserve seats
Telephone: 020 7487 3570; email: oxfammarylebone@hotmail.com

2 comments:

Jan said...

OH to live in London. I envy you.
In my twenties, yes, I did,and I loved everything about it... I even nabbed myself a very nice Londoner and dragged him north to have his children..My eldest son has spent the last 8 yrs there, before recently moving to Cornwall, and before that, I've had numerous visits over numerous yrs...but I envy you your choices, your delights nevertheless...Having said that, M/chester, Leeds, L'pool, like many cities, have much to offer but London's special..

Sarah Salway said...

Am not quite in London, Jan, but near enough to see most things before I have to rush for the last train!