Monday, October 27, 2008

Another day another garden

To the Chelsea Physic Garden recently of which much more later but because this blog likes chocolate (oh yes it does) here's some more proof gathered, if needed, of the scientific botanical evidence that chocolate is good for you ...

From Pepys .. the cure for a hangover ...





Hans Sloane, obviously a man of taste even if he is the patron saint of flowery head-scarves ...




And lastly, in the spirit of scientific experiments, I've been testing just how calm this makes me (although a friend did suggest wine might be quicker)...






And here's Hans Sloane himself, although, look, someone's just stolen his bar of chocolate from his hand. Bloody typical behaviour of those sloane rangers...

3 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

Ooh, you were just down the road from me. I haven't been there in years, though -- it is wonderful, isn't it? Btw, I gave you a tiny mention on my blog today. xo

pierre l said...

From time to time, I think I should try herbal tea. But herbal chocolate -- wow! It must be healthier and more calming than the chocolate-covered coffee beans I eat from time to time.

Sarah Salway said...

Thanks, Sue!
and Pierre, try Yogi Tea Choco variety. It's very very good.... I promise you won't be disappointed. THeir sweet Chili one is exciting too, but Choco is my fave.