Monday, September 17, 2007

As time goes by..

So, as I lift my head finally from my pillow and assess the state of my post-birthday hangover... no, not at all. In fact, the opposite, I've been away in France teaching and having myself a little bit of heaven. Perfect place, perfect students, and more than a few pieces of perfect work produced. More of which later. But when I came back, I found myself in one of those time-travelling moments. My son had only got himself a record player - now sold as 'nostalgia' - and discovered lots of my old records. Now, I've always been nervous when I get into one of those music coversations, not least because I was the youngest of four siblings so always had to listen to 'older' music about which I wasn't allowed an opinion because I was 'too young to understand', but mostly because I am always being told my taste is really bad and several people have made it their job to educate me into proper music (and normally given up). So I was a bit worried about what I might think of my teenage self. But, hey, it's not that bad, is it? Oh, don't raise your eyebrows like that. I don't really care any more. I loved these records!
And the one thing I'll never apologise for is my taste in heart-throbs. Look at these two men and tell me they weren't worth those nights of weeping over because they'd never be mine...


(Actually I hope my sister doesn't read this because that Who one is hers and having listened to it again this morning, she can't have it back, and if she tries I'm going to tell mum and dad she's being mean to me again....)

1 comment:

Alex Johnson said...

Nice cover art. Have a look at this too
http://crossedcombs.typepad.com/recordenvelope