Friday, February 13, 2009

Is this the equivalent of putting a writer in the stocks?

Please take a moment to visit the charity page set up by writer and regular visitor here, Kathryn Harriss, for Red NOse Day. She's volunteering to take your three prompts - as random as you like - and turn them into a short story in exchange for sponsorship.

My prompts for her were a bench, a shopping trolley and a Cadbury's Creme Egg but I don't think people have been mean enough yet.

I might have to go back for another go ....

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thank you for the sponsorship and the prompts. It is a bit like being in the stocks but then what the heck, it's just for laughs!

Sarah Salway said...

I think it's brilliant. You will have to tell us the hardest set of prompts you get and we can all have a go!

Kathryn's Daily Writing Workout said...

I will. I hadn't bargained for the sleep deprivation. Not because I have to do it right away but once I've read the prompts, I feel restless until it's done. A good excuse for a lie down, I think!

Sarah Salway said...

Who needs sleep when you can write?