Saturday, January 26, 2008

My three nice things

I have been wondering about facebook. I'm on there, and am determined to win at least one game at scrabulous and scramble before I leave, but there's something about the status updates that are too weirdly addictive for me - both to write and to read. Maybe it's because you have to speak about yourself in the third person? Anyway, yesterday I put up that I wasn't nice to be around, which - as most people who know me will admit - isn't that much of an unusual thing and got some lovely emails asking what was wrong which cheered me up and made sense of the 'friends' thing. So today, Sarah is pure sunshine, and that's also partly because of three nice things that happened to her yesterday. They are, in no particular order:

1.



Watching Central Station. This has to be one of the strangest, funniest, sweetest films I've seen. Hurrah for Amazon's 'you might also like...' for introducing it to me.

2.



Reading Suzy Zeus Gets Organized by Maggie Robbins. I love novels in verse anyway, and Suzy Zeus is the genuine nobody's nice girl, so she was just right for my mood. After all...
'Suzy Zeus likes guys with handguns./Suzy Zeus likes beer in kegs.'
And she's also got a loser boyfriend called Harry:
'Touch him and she'll break your legs.'
A perfect model for my no-more-lovely-Sarah year, I feel ...

3. Hearing that the Blow Monkeys are getting back together. Of course, I've pre-ordered their forthcoming album, and am not listening to any of the rude comments I've been getting (you know who you are, Mr P...)about my boys, particularly Dr Robert.





And my writing prompt today is ... They always come to me ...

8 comments:

bob said...

Oooh, enjoy Scrabulous while you can. Hopefully everybody will play nice and this will work out ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22687265/

Carlos Ferguson said...

I'm worried that the person I am playing scramble with is getting better than I am? What should I do?

Sarah Salway said...

Carlos, be afraid, be very afraid. But it's ok, I don't gloat too much when I win...

Sarah Salway said...

Interesting, Bob - thanks for that link. Playing scrabulous has definitely got me playing scrabble too ... and I'm just as bad as that.

Deborah Rey said...

Sarah me luv, you WILL win that game of Scramble ... the one we are playing right now. My only excuse for looking like a dimwit is that I am down with yet another pneumonia. Is that a valid excuse?
Mucho love,

Deborah

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll win a game of Scrabulous. You just have to pick your players carefully...

Sarah Salway said...

I might just have to do that, oh King of Scrabulous. And do take that crown off, it will flatten your curls..

Sarah Salway said...

Deborah - pneumonia? Poor you - hope you recover quicklyx