Monday, January 21, 2008

OK everyone, BREATHE

Order is restored. I should have pointed out that the mess pictured yesterday isn't my everyday work routine, but a sign that I'd just got back and shoved everything on my desk. But here we are now....



Better?

Even my notebooks are colour co-ordinated...



And for the voyeurs amongst you who have already spotted the lucky pants up on the noticeboard in the photograph above, here is the other most important part of my working process - my magic cards, given to me in moments of need. Hey, I'm not suspicious but if I don't have these in view, I'll probably die ...



And my decorating tip for writers? Get a disco ball theme going ...



There's rarely a day I don't dance in my studio ...



Sad (according to my teenage daughter), but true.

And my writing prompt for today is ... I've never seen his face ...

I'm going to put up some of the places where other writers are following my prompts on the sidebar later on today. Let me know if you want to be included.

12 comments:

jem said...

Mmmm - notebooks and post-it notes, two things that I can't live without. I think your new tidied work space looks great, clear enough to do something, but with enough going on to inspire you. Those truly austere environments unsettle me a bit.

Caroline said...

Love it. And now it is a perfect creative space x

Anonymous said...

ah i'd love to be on the prompts list. your space looks cozy. and productive.

Karen said...

Ooh, I like the disco-ball - I dance around my room as well, but not when the Teens are about. They find it upsetting. I strum my guitar (badly) too. Occasionally I do some writing.

Sarah Salway said...

Me too, Jem. Mind you unsettling can be good. And phew, glad you approve, Caroline. Mind you, I'm so knackered from all that tidying I'm not sure I've enough energy for creativity.
W8 - send me your details, and Karen, yep, I have to be careful of my teens too. What do you dance too?

Kathryn said...

My own writing space is a bit weird as I have an exercise bike, an abs cruncher and exercise mat as well as a desk, bookcase, armchair, computer desk & chair, another bookcase - and it's only about 8ft x 8ft. And a paper shredder of course. It's a bit of a tardis really as amazingly, there is still room to dance except that I can't because I've got a dodgy knee. I'd love to be included on your list and my details are www.kathrynhharriss.blogspot.com. Thank you!

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Salway said...

Wooo, Kathryn, I now picture you working out as you write (but not dancing!) Will put your details up, thanks x

trying to write ... said...

This weekend must have been the time for prettying up "the space" althought not quite done its almost there. I have tons of books and they've been up on the shelves in my office without room for anything but them ... so I've reaaranged and boxed up some so I could put up pictures and pitchers and pretty things. I'm excited about Messages ... I've got my list of to do's to get done before I leave here to come there for the party. Please include me in your list of prompts http://gngbenson.blogspot.com/
xoxo g

Sarah Salway said...

Great, Gina - am looking forward to meeting you!

Carlos Ferguson said...

Disco ball in workspace: genius!

Sarah Salway said...

Just play ones, Carlos - but at least when I dance I'm not in danger of falling down hills!